Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a current problem with my 95 Aero (85k miles).

The engine seems to feel rough/ vibrates, especially from 3k+ rpm. The 'edge' has also gone off the performance. Turbo boost still reads normally.

Occasionally, the fault clears (no particular circumstances, but I tend to notice when starting on a new journey)& the engine feels fine with improved power.

Any clues where to start looking?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Sounds as if it may be the DI starting to go. I had one that had these symptoms, it got gradually worse until it felt like it was only firing on three cylinders all the time. If you have access to a known good DI try swapping them.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sounds ignition-ish then. I'll try new plugs & look out for DI. Is breaker part viable or go new? Daft question - is there 1 only or 1 per plug (I've not looked at the manual yet - can you tell?)

Ta

Steve

·
Registered
11,343 Posts
Given the issues that I have read regarding DI unit, I would suggest that it is a false economy to go for a breaker part. Buying the part new will give you a warranty should anything go wrong.

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
It's one unit that drives all four plugs. As for buying a used one, you can't be sure it's not already starting to fail. I have it on good authority that reliability has improved over the years, so a new one should last longer than the previous one did as long as there isn't another fault causing it to fail (wrong plug type, wrong gaps, etc.).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts