Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, guys. I'm new to this forum. I have a 9000 CD 2.3T of '92. This nice car has a LPG-kit installed. Now, running on LPG, when I hit the accelerator hard and the turbo pressure gets near the red zone, the engine starts to stutter. The 'check engine' is lighted, even while idling. I can only push the accelerator half way to avoid this.
If I change to petrol, the stutter is still there, but I can accelerate harder.
I swapped the DI-cassette and it was fine.
I tested the waste gate, by sucking on the vacuum line and the gate opened, so to that's fine.
Does anybody have an idea?
Cheers

Steve

·
Registered
93 Posts
Welcome to the board Voxan. The Check engine light is still on? Maybe someone with tech2 could help you with the reason of it. Does it stutter even on petrol?
If it's not the lpg injection, it could be too much gas causing early ignition and knocking. Or, the LPG system is unable to produce so much gas to cover engine consumption and causing power fluctuation?

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
I had a similar problem after rebuilding
my engine,on that occasion it was caused by the copper pipes that fit into the throttle housing bleeding air and weakening the mixture,I didn't solve the problem untill said pipe fell out and the car refused to start.
mike

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for replying.
The engine stutters even on petrol, but further up the revs and turbo pressure.
I had the fault codes read out, and there was one 'fuel mixture too rich'. My guess is that the opening times of the petrol injectors are smaller.
I'm now on petrol for 600km's, to try to get the engine computer back on it's previous settings, before the LPG-conversion.
I'll keep you updated.

Steve

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.