Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a problem with the engine revs in my 92' J CDS. It's an intermittent but regular problem whereby the engine revs drop below tickover (often to zero) when you drop the clutch. Obviously if you're still moving when you lift the clutch again the car effectively jump starts but I have been court out a couple of times when the engine has just stopped on a slow corned (not good loosing power steering). Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Ade.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
i think this could again be vacuum induced,I have had the same problem on my 9000s,it was eventually cured by replacing all the vacuum pipes including the one connecting the slow running control valve to the inlet manifold and then it took at least 30miles of running before it settled down.

·
Registered
865 Posts
when it happens again ,try this...disconnect icv and reconnect/sometimes car conks out,sometimes not/but this seems to reset valve.i have this same prob.cleaned valve with wd40 was ok for a wee while but is back again not such a prob when engine is warm/have been told it could be coolant temp.sensor below inlet manifold/i will have this checked on friday...will let you know frid.eve.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts