Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Jason, are you confusing the 'Torque Arm' and gearbox mounts with the actual main engine mounts?

I don't know of any replcements for the main engine mounts, just the parts that are only rubber, not hydraulic as well (I don't know a great deal about the older 9000's but the newer shape contains oil in the mounts.

Skiddins

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
AFAIK No. The two main engine mounts are only available as hydraulic. Jason is right, Elk do poly bushes for the torque arm mounts. Also have a look at Abbott's site: they do similar torque arm mounts and the transmission mount(up to '93) in poly.

BTW the reason for leaving the two main engine mounts hydraulic is that you will introduce too much vibration by replacing them with solid

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
Nick, was that Bob Nesbit who sourced them for you?
I've been looking around for these mounts for my Aero since I suspect one of the hydraulic mounts has gone again and I want to try to control engine movement a bit more tightly (and I'm not too worried about vibration). I know it's possible to get the OEM hydraulic mounts at much less than dealer price. Do you mean a third of that lower price (which would work out at around £20 + VAT each for the solid mounts)?

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
Ed, I got the OEM parts (same name stamped on them) from Neo Brothers in Waltham Cross for about £45 + VAT each. This was for the 2.3 engine. Saab lists them at around £168 + VAT each.

This time round, I'm looking at the solid mounts for performance reasons.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Hey BillJ, let me know if you want me to pick
up some solid rubber mounts. My friend
from Sydenham will be visiting next week
and I'm sure he wouldn't mind bringing a
couple of mounts back with him. Means you
would have to drive to Sydenham to get them -
you could always stop at Babur-brassiere
for a beautiful dinner (I'd highly recommend
that). I'll see what they go for - I'm sure
eeuroparts will have them reasonably priced.

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
DrD, they look pretty solid to me!

Bob, I'll mail you about the mounts. Looks like eeuroparts also do an Abbott/Powerflex transmission bush for 9000 up to '98. Speedparts say they do one too. I wish someone could clarify this for me. Ed Abbott says they don't do one for '94-on

One question - the SuperFlex front upper mount I sent, was it easy to fit? I might fit one to the Aero at some point. Noise, vibration and harshness are becoming less of a priority, especially since I set the Konis to the "pretty stiff" setting

·
Registered
778 Posts
Bill, I never did get around to fitting the
top Superflex bushing/mount - it's still hanging
on the wall of my garage! My upper mount
has under 50k miles on it. I did replace both
lower hydraulic mounts, though. Even though
the ones that were in there still had the oil in
them, they had close to 120k miles on them.
I didn't see the solid rubber mounts at
eeuroparts, but noticed they had the hydraulic
ones for about £60 - which is about what I
paid last summer, I think. What about that
guy Brad that does the aquamist - I think he
does poly bushings, too?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.