Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

My lower engine mount is totally gone. I've bought all new engine mounts. Do you think it's a realistic option to self install these? Or should I get the garage to do it?

Cheers,

Rich

·
Registered
623 Posts
Rich,
this is the page whre Quasimotors suggests to DIY. But Quasi suggests to DOY a lot of thigs, so I don't know if that really counts.

Maybe looking at the procedure can helpo you to decide. Reading it I figured out a 4-5hours job, in a garage that is not professionally tooled and by one who isn't a pro. Seems like a lift wouold improve a lot the woking conditions, allowing to get under the car without having to crawl.

Sorry but I have no direct experience on this.

·
Super Moderator
2,709 Posts
Hi,

I've done both of the lower engine mounts and neither was that difficult. The hydraulic one was a bit messy 'cause it was on a non turbo 9000 so it is directly below the oil filter so gets fairly cr*ppy over time. The gearbox end one was quite straightforward, I seem to remember that one of the bolts is a little awkward to get at but a jack and some big blocks of wood were sufficient to take the weight while the mounts were off.

Paul @ Kippen

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.