Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need the bottom hydraulic engine mounts. Euro do them for 50 ish. (I think this is correct)
Other places are 150 ish.....

Now, has anybody used the euro ones? The reason I ask is my brother has used them for his audi nad 900-and they were terrible quality...

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
Originally posted by Scaero (ecopower stg0):
[qb]Those are not available in the UK unless you buy them from Abbott Racing at their Price... [/qb][/b]
The Abbott price for gearbox mounts, which is what those are (not top engine mounts) is £34, so you're paying about a £10 premium for buying them in the UK, which I would have said was not too bad?

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
Originally posted by Scaero (ecopower stg0):
[qb]Those are not available in the UK unless you buy them from Abbott Racing at their Price... [/qb][/b]
Weren't you with me when I saw them for sale at one of the stands at the SOC National the other weekend? Can't remember who it was - Malbrad? The ones with the yellow "Saab 90i" pickup.

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
Originally posted by BurnsSide42:
[qb]First off, they are NOT $50... they are $34.90 each.[/qb][/b]
Don't get your bucks mixed up with your quid
Paul said £50 (UK pounds).
Paul should have mentioned that his car is a 1992 with a 2.3T engine - eeuroparts charge $107.90 for the front and $89.50 for the rear mount for that engine. Compared to that, £50 ($75 approx.) is pretty keenly priced.

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
For myself, I think I'd go for the solid mounts if the hydraulic mounts fail, to try to limit engine movement a bit more with all the torque my engine is pumping out. I've never seen them for sale in the UK although I know they are available here.

Then again, there's no guarantee they'll be stiffer than the hydraulic ones.

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
Originally posted by BillJ:
[qb]For myself, I think I'd go for the solid mounts if the hydraulic mounts fail[/qb][/b]
Sheesshh! How are your fillings? With poly everything else I reckon the hydraulic mounts are really the last element of damping of engine NVH transmission through to the chassis...

·
Registered
496 Posts
Originally posted by BillJ:
[qb] QUOTE
Originally posted by BurnsSide42:
[qb] First off, they are NOT $50... they are $34.90 each.[/qb][/b]
Don't get your bucks mixed up with your quid
Paul said £50 (UK pounds).
Paul should have mentioned that his car is a 1992 with a 2.3T engine - eeuroparts charge $107.90 for the front and $89.50 for the rear mount for that engine. Compared to that, £50 ($75 approx.) is pretty keenly priced. [/qb][/b][/quote] yeah i was wondering about the year of his car.... SUX for him ...

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Weren't you with me when I saw them for sale at one of the stands at the SOC National the other weekend? Can't remember who it was - Malbrad? The ones with the yellow "Saab 90i" pickup[/b]
Hmm, Yes I was, and Yes they were...

So, it 'used' to be only only Abbott. It was either Malbrad or DCA, probably Malbrad as DCA's 90 Pickup is white, yellow and orange.

Andrew

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.