Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased 1998 SAAB 93 s convertible at auction. When car received the engine light & ABS lights are on.
How do I determine why engine light is on. Already read suspected fix for ABS light on this forum, but wonder about fix for engine light. Hope someone can recommend fix or determine problem,
Cheers, Sabusforms

·
Registered
100 Posts
Might have been better to post this on the "Classic Saab 9-3/GM900 (1994 - 2002)/Conv ( -2003)" forum.
However, you will need to find a garage or someone with a TECH II diagnostic reader to get the code and cause of the engine light. Having said that, last time I had to do this is got an "ignition fault" as the answer. Couldn't find any problems and the car ran fine. About a year or so later, I coincidentally found a vacuum tube was nearly sheered off on the evaporation control valve, Replaced that and then the light went off and never came back on!
So if the TECH II is difficult to find or expensive, go through all the wires, connections and tubes around the engine. You may solve the problem!

BTW, is the car running OK otherwise?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks again for the reply . My grandson is a mechanic with Porsche dealer & he advises they have a Tech II unit & is proficient in its use which he can borrow. Hopefully this will help solve my problem. Will advise when done.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi all again, I managed to download an electrical diagram for my 1998 SAAB 9-3 but unfortunately it doesn't cover the 1998 9-3 convertible electrics only the sedans. I found various members in very early posts (2005-2009) had such electrical schematics & uploaded the site addresses to allow downloads but none of the sites are active anymore.
I need the electrical diagram for my convertible as I am unable too manually lower the top down ( the roof switch doesn't work at the moment). Have tried the emergency lockdown handle , beneath the r/hand trunk(boot) carpet, but after many tries, didn't release the fifth bow tonneau cover. Having problem getting access to the lockdown motor and hoping the electrical diagram will help me to trace electrical problem.
Hoping some member might have this electrical diagram for the 1998 convertible.
Cheers, Sabusforms

1 - 6 of 6 Posts