Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Damn..
Poodling through my village lane saturday, looking thru rear view mirror, exhaust seemed to be smoking a bit much. Withing seconds, car belching out so much white smoke, couldn't see road, people or anything from rear view mirror, it was just like a dry-ice machine out of control.
Nursed her the half-mile home, water running out of exhaust when I stopped, all very dramatic stuff (You've been framed - 250 quid please)..

Car was already booked in tomorrow for head gasket, and other stuff anyway, but the poor thing didnt quite make it

Anyway, got to get it fixed now, and at same time will get her fully serviced, aircon recharged, and treat her to new battery and starter motor. She should be sweet as a nut as they say by the weekend ( unlike my wallet )

Andy
2.3 FPT etc...

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
MARK/All/.
Thanks for your interest Mark.

Got car back friday, along with head gasket etc, I also got aircon recharged, new batt and starter, and a full service.
Running sweet, fully inspected, and no other problems. engine steam cleaned, so will check after a couple of hundred miles for any seepages. It is lovely to start with though without a drip of oil on show.
Filled her up with some semi synthetic 5/30, but obviously water got all over place, so will change again shortly, although exhaust seems pretty clear of any white puffy stuff !!

Cheers,
Andy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.