Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently aquired my first saab, a manual 9000 cse 2.0 turbo (93). It is an excellent drive, I was impressed. It has done 200000, but the engine seems smooth, doesn't struggle and is an easy starter.

Unfortunatly it has a fault that i'm having trouble solving. It will sometimes stall at juctions and when the engine is idling occasionally. When this occurs I can usually restart immeadiatly and there is no trouble after.

Also twice it has cut out whilst driving at low speeds (20 - 30mph) and on these occasions it has been more difficult to restart. But, once left for 15 to 20mins it will start again as normal. I find this very strange, I hope somebody can help!

The battery is new in an attempt to solve. Plugs and DI have all been replaced within last 6 months.

Help! Thanks in anticipation.

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
As Mike says, the AIC valve (to give it it's proper name) may need lubricating or you may have an air leak somewhere. Check the condition of all the 6/7mm OD rubber hoses.

[edit]
Oops, I forgot: Welcome to Saabscene

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi and thanks for your suggestions!

I took that AIC(?) off and gave it a good clean out. Quite a bit of carbon came out but it didn't seem to be sticking. That was yesterday and today it stopped halfway up my street and wouldn't go again, so I guess the hunt continues.

What has me confused is the way it refuses to start sometimes, but when it's in a good mood it'l go right away?!

I'll have a good look at all those hoses tomorrow, pity there's so many of them!

There is a disused alarm/immob system on the car, could this be the cause?

Thanks once again

1 - 4 of 4 Posts