Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the second time this has happened to me... The first being when test driving the car before buying it!
As the car has been laid up for a couple of months i have been running it up every so often. During such a run today i've let the fuel tank run dry!

The engine check light has come on as it did before...is there a simple way of reseting it or will it reset it's self?

Cheers

Rob

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
It should reset itself after a number of engine starts. Maybe 10, but I really can't remember. You could accelerate the process by simply starting and stopping the engine a number of times. I did that myself recently, having unplugged the MAP sensor (can't remember why) and forgetting to reconnect it before starting the engine.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
OK, granted,
Pressing any buttons on the clock/ dcc / scc will nor reset a check engine light....[/b]
Ths is true.
The engine check light has come on as it did before...is there a simple way of reseting it or will it reset it's self?[/b]
Need more betail on the check light prob, me was thinking
During such a run today i've let the fuel tank run dry![/b]
so therefore maybe the fule filler cap is not tight enough, or is there something ROB H not tellng us or does not understand????????.!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.