Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,925 Posts
Andrew just beat me to it - I was going to say that Andrew Wright who was responsible for the web site, is a regular contributor on this board.

PS. I couldn't get that link to work.

Kevin Mc

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Worth noting that the higher boost pressures (i.e. up to 1 Bar) are achieved with LOWER compression rations (i.e. 8.5:1).

So if anyone re-maps ECU for higher Turbo boost, or tweaks wastegate actuator linkage to increase Max boost (etc), on a standard engine with higher compression rations (e.g. 0.9, 0.95, 1.0), etc, this could exert more stress on engine than Saabs original design intended.

Having said that, I note that the B202 engine Turbo boost was factory set at 0.4Bar, 0.75Bar, or 0.85Bar (depending on Turbo variant) all with a standard 9:1 compression ration. Which means that a turbo on a B202 engine set at 0.4Bar may be tuned to 0.85Bar (ECU/overboost cut off permitting) without stressing the engine more than the original Saab design intended!

As I mentioned in another recent thread, Abbott offer the 2L LPT (0.4Bar) boost increase (by remapping existing ECU) to 0.85Bar for just over £400.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts