Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for yet-another-disc-pad-question, but I did search the archive and didn't find any specific mention of this.

Elkparts recommend their OEM quality disc (Norrbit Brembo) and Pagid Fast Road pads. While I've seen some good feedback on the Pagid FR pads on the board, and some recommendations for Brembo discs, has anyone tried these Elkparts ones, or better yet this combo?

Love some feedback. This is for normal/spirited road use (lots of country lanes) rather than track or race use

I need to replace all the discs and pads on the car and I'm looking for a reasonably priced option which is the same as or better than the standard parts.

Thanks!

·
Registered
335 Posts
i ran brembo discs / pagid fast road pads on my old 9000.. better than standard and cheaper
good in the back lanes for the occasional blind corner/tractor/abs moments....
the only 'fast road' pads i'd advise against is those ebc green stuff jobbies - they do work really well but you have to warm them up, which can be unnerving on a cold dawdling morning when some idiot pulls out infront!
but good for track use / closed airfield playtime!

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the advice Rhino.

Since no-one has weighed in to say "no!" and since I reckon Elkparts' advise should be good anyway, I'll give it a go and see how I get on.

At £163 for a full set of discs and pads it can't be bad!

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
I'm tempted to do the same thing, though I know many who have gone the Brembo/Ferodo route. Pagid's certainly have a very good reputation. Green Stuff's can be good on lighter cars, but the 9000 is just too heavy.

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
John,

I can't comment on the Fast road Pagids as I have never used them, but Brembo disc are good.

I've used Mintex std, Textar std, Mintex F171 and Ferodo Ds2500. The F171 and DS2500 were considerable better than standard, and I'm sure that the Pagids will be a good bit better too.

Someone here must have used them. (anyone??)

Andrew.

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
Originally posted by Scaero (Maptun stg3):
[qb]I can't comment on the Fast road Pagids as I have never used them, but Brembo disc are good.[/qb][/b]
I can they are a huge improvement over the standard Saab pad, so it seems that if you put the two commendations together you should get a very nice upgrade!!

·
Registered
11,343 Posts
Originally posted by Cosmic Blue 9-5:
[qb] QUOTE
Originally posted by Scaero (Maptun stg3):
[qb] I can't comment on the Fast road Pagids as I have never used them, but Brembo disc are good.[/qb][/b]
I can they are a huge improvement over the standard Saab pad, so it seems that if you put the two commendations together you should get a very nice upgrade!!
[/qb][/b][/quote]I have used Pagid FR on standard Saab discs and there is a noticable improvement. I am now running Pagid FR with Brembo discs and that is good, too.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Well, I think I am going to get a set of Brembo/Pagids, so I will report on their performance. As CD Carlsson lives round the corner, we can compare them to his Brembo/Ferodo set-up that I know works very well.

Was going to get four pots as the next upgrade, but am being forced to do the Limited Slip Diff first due to gearbox seal leaks, so they can wait for a few more miles!

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
 I'm using Pagid FR pads on ATE power discs, once warmed up these do bite really well  [/b]
I have the same set up as Jason on my GM900T and would agree that they are a great improvement. Elkparts are great in terms of advice, etc so I can't see a problem going down their suggested route.

Mike

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Can I just check that when people are saying 'Brembo' they mean the Norbitt Brembo ones as per Elkparts - At £46 per pair they seem very cheap - concerned that there are 'better' Brembo ones around that others in this chat have used.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts