Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While recognising that any opinion given below is purely based upon that individuals personal experience of the company, and some may wish not to fully comment on their experiences due to perhaps their being in a legal discussion with the company, I wish to capture for the record everyone's experience with Elkparts.

Please write a short note describing your inquiry, business or contact with Elkparts and how sucessful that experience was for you.

This won't be used for any other purpose than education.

·
Registered
3,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I bought two JR filters, and a complete 3'' JT Exhaust system from Elkparts over the space of a few years.

The service I've received from them has been excellent, with prompt emails. I must say tho that the box containing my exhaust components looked a little worse for wear, with part of the exhaust falling through it, exposed when delivered..

Not their fault, perhaps the delivery company, however maybe stronger packaging would be better.

Overall good products at good prices run promptly.

·
Registered
753 Posts
I have ordered numerous small bits and pieces from Elkparts and all have arrived quickly in full working order.
Responses from the company to any questions have been prompt

·
Registered
613 Posts
I too have ordered various items from Elkparts in the past: service has always been friendly, delivery has always been prompt, and prices keen.

Also, I find Elkparts extremely willing to offer advice and guidance whether a sale is forthcoming or not.

I can't comment on how they solve any problems which may arise as I haven't had any problems!

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
The couple of parts that I have ordered have always arrived next day with no problems. Answers to enquiries always prompt and helpful.

Mike

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Had a few bits and pieces from Elk.. totally un-eventful... everything arrived within a very reasonable time, intact, no hassles! Some bits arrived quicker than I thought possible!

Also ordered a stage 2 kit.... I too experienced a small issue with exhaust packaging, but no problem, damage was out of sight, and my comments were responded too with concern... and a small token of compensation was delivered without my prior knowledge or asking!

·
Registered
79 Posts
I ordered a Forge BOV from Elkparts. Got it shipped to my door in the States for $20 less then I could have gotten it locally. And it was here in 3 days. Very good company and a pleasure to do business with.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Have ordered once through Elkparts. Before this I shot of a ruddy great shopping list, which Julian managed to find most of, at good prices. Nothing but good service here!

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
I too have ordered a few bits and peices off the Elk boys,and what can I say! Prompt,well priced and very pleasant to deal with.

·
Registered
236 Posts
me and my mate tuckshop have both dealt with elk there service is great they do what they say which is very unexpected theses days i gave them an inposible mission and they came through we also meet them inperson which was a true joy to meet some poeple with the same interest in saab as us . keep it up elk

·
Registered
55 Posts
I also have ordered a few small bits from them without fan fare. I had a chance to talk with them for awhile at the Steam and Spares event and they seem pretty straight. Positive recommendation from me.

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
I have ordered things from Elk on a few occasions and made some enquiries too. Each time I got a very prompt e-mail response and goods from stock arrived next day. The only delay I have had was when I ordered some genuine Saab parts that had to be shipped from Saab. The delay was Saab's fault and in the meantime, circumstances changed and I didn't need some of the parts. Elk chased up the order and got it to me ASAP, and were quite happy to cancel part of the order and make a refund.

When I encouraged a colleague with another make of car to enquire at Elk for high-brightness H3 bulbs at a good price, he was told they didn't carry H3, as they weren't used on any Saab. I pointed out that they are used in the 9000 foglamps and was told they would order some. I had forgotten about the conversation when I received an e-mail one day saying they had got some Osram Super H3 bulbs in stock and offering to let my colleague and I have a pair each at substantial discount.

If there's one thing I can say about Elk, it's that they listen to the customer.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Iv'e ordered a few things from Elk and always had great service, they even remembered what car I had when I ordered a wrong part (doh!).
Only thing I can't understand is, how did I let john sell me 2 indicator bulbs for £17

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Quote from above....The service I've received from them has been excellent, with prompt emails. I must say tho that the box containing my exhaust components looked a little worse for wear, with part of the exhaust falling through it, exposed when delivered..

Not their fault, perhaps the delivery company, however maybe stronger packaging would be better.

I order a JT exhaust, fast delivery was required and delivery was met, but I had the same problems as above, box was battered and holed, some of the exhaust ends were bent but nothing I couldn't straighten out though. I agree a stronger packaging required or a better courier.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I have had a number of items from Elk. The service they have supplied is one of total satisfaction from the onset of selecting a stg one upgrade to requesting information on which exhaust to match. Profesional, knowledgeable and very good Communication both by e-mail and by phone (even traced me to a friends house in the north east just to check that I had been able to instal the Stg 1 and all went well) This is well above normal service levels for the car industry.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Ordered a JT 3" turboback exhaust through Elkparts and had the same issue with the packaging.

Elkparts responded to my e-mails very quickly. They have been friendly and helpfull, I've never enjoyed such a high level of customerfriendlyness.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Whilst it wasn;t an exhaust I ordered, the packaging for my parts (which had springs in, so wasn't light!) was, if anything, overkill. This was only last week, so perhaps they have taken note?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts