Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1996 9000 CS
have two problem
1) The drivers side electric window will sometimes not go back up, the car has to be switched off, left for a few moments and then restarted nad the window will then be able to go back up.

2) The rev counter, speedo and clock lights are not lit, the others [heater, power window switches, hazards etc] all light ok.

I recently replaced the dash front with a wood one, have I forgotten to replace a lead [I did not take the main instrument panel out] only the heater controls and clock.

tia

Mike

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
1) There's no clever logic in the 9000 windows, so I would suggets it's perhaps a mis-alignment causing stall- is the window moving slowly compared to the passenger side?

2) Does sound like a possible lead missing or lamp failure- did they all happen together?

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
I would suggest that your window regulator is the cause of your problems,there are a couple of spot welds that fail and cause the window to jam,leave a while and the weight of the glass causes it to drop back and reposition itself.
mike

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When the window works the up/down speed is the same as the passenger side.

I have probably missed a lead with the lamps, the clock works but is not lit, would the rev counter/speedo be on the same circuit as the light for the clock?? [can't read circuit diagrams!]

Thks

Mike J

·
Registered
411 Posts
On the rear of the instrument cluster there are three principal connections, they are located as follows: one on the right edge, one on the left edge and one in the centre-left, plugging straight into the rear. These are all multiple connections (like a computer ribbon-wire). If you have partially dislodged one of them (most likely the one on the left where you were closest when working on the dash), then some or all of the connections will be broken. The very worst case scenario is that you might have cracked the PCB bearing the 'teeth' that the connectors slide onto. It can be repaired but it's a delicate and fiddly job.
Oh, the l/h side connector also carries the SRS signal, so if you have dislodged this connector you are going to have an SRS fault-light staring at you. Only a TechII can get rid of it.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Forgot to post an update.

Dash lights were cured [after taking everything apart!], turned out that if I wiggled the heated seat controls my dash lights worked.......

Electric Window problem was missaligment

Rgds

Mike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.