Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

winge time - help required !

neither of my heater switch bulbs light up. They've been swopped out at saab garage, but to no avail. They heat, just i can't find em at night :)

The near side full beam doesn't work - the bulb is ok though. Could that be a relay ?

The remote doesn't work either. Saab garage plugged in and tried to reprogram it to my fob, but the chap said that he couldn't talk to the unit - any ideas would be great.

Finally - ACC doesn't spin up. when I bought the car, both of the leads that go to the compressor side of the clutch were dangling. can anyone tell me which one goes where ?

thanks all

kind regards

david

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Originally posted by david leedham:
[qb]Hi all

winge time - help required !

neither of my heater switch bulbs light up.  They've been swopped out at saab garage, but to no avail.  They heat, just i can't find em at night :)

[/qb][/b]
If you pull them out of the dash and remove the cover you will see that they are a small diode soldered in position (if my memory serves me well.
I would think you might be able to replace just the diode. I will get a spare out of my car and check.

·
Registered
200 Posts
hi david if you remove the seat switches you can take the switch apart and replace the bulb/led. i done this on my 89 9000 the bulbs have a little green rubber type cover on the bulb, take this off de solder the bulb/led solder in new bulb/led refit cover assemble switch and refit to dash job done, longest part of job is removing switches and the soldering part, time taken 30 mins if that.
hope this is some help regards redrocket. p.s
maplins / tandy stores should stock the bulb/led that you need i took mine out of some old f**d switches that i had.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hi David,

Assuming you have checked the fuses for the main beam, the next thing to take a look at would be the condidtion of the wiring to the headlights. Both of my dipped beams on my 93L 9000 have needed chopping and crimping due to the wires chafing on the insides of the headlamp units. This may well have happened to you.

Check for flexibility of the wire, a wire that has been chafing will feel brittle. If it's far gone and not illuminating at all you may well see a black mark on the plastic cover surrounding the wire. If you find this, chop it back and crimp on a new connector. (you may need crimping pliars for this. Halfords sell good ones that aren't expensive)

If the wiring is okay, then you need to check for voltages at the relay, to make sure you are getting the right voltages at all the pins, and if you are, then it will be the relay. If not you are plunging into the black hole known as car circuit diagrams......

Cheers

John P

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi chaps

it's a late '94 2.0i16v. I's got a seiko compressor.

re heater switches :- Bulbs are fine as the switches light up in the 9000 on the forecourt, but not in mine.

re near side main beam :- again bulb fine - just don't know which relay to replace as there is a huge one and then a smaller green one. Need to swop it with a known working one but SAAB dealer aren't always that helpful.

cheers all !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.