Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Intemittently I'm losing the petrol gauge ,temp & any computer info from the dash on my 9000 cde (96) No fuses are out ,the battery is reading 12V &14V running.The speedo & rev counter are working as normal. Im due to sell it & would like everything working normally beforehand. Any help greatly appreciated

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
Hi, Bill, and welcome to Saabscene .

It sounds most likely that one of the connectors at the back of the instrument panel is loose. To access it you need to remove the top of the dashboard. Not too difficult, but a little fiddly. Fixing screws lie under and behind the speaker grilles and glove box, plus there's one screw that is in the top of the instrument housing, to the left of the steering wheel. A Haynes manual will show you exactly the right places.

HTH

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
Originally posted by shawn feller:
[qb]do 1996 have glove boxes in the UK? as my 1995 has the SRS and there would be no box to look into? [/qb][/b]
I think passenger SRS was optional, even in '96 (in the UK). With passenger SRS, there is a screw hidden behind the plastic "SRS" badge on the top right of the passenger airbag (might be top left on a LHD car). Prise the badge off to reach the screw.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts