Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posted on this a while ago, tried to start my car over summer (after sitting in it for an hour or so listening to radio), and the thing would not turn over. Nothing at all. The dash lights came on, but nothing happened when turning key.
Did it a couple of times. Then stopped. Started again a couple of month ago, got worse and worse until it did it 3 times a week. Eventually put new battery on. And it hasnt done it since. Until today. commute home=Motorway for an hour,then stopped to get a drink and paper....tried to start it...nothing. Lights came on, etc, but engine no turning over.
As before (when it last happened) I left it for 5 mins and it was fine. (Before the longest I had to leave it was 15 mins then it was ok).
I presume this is battery related?Possibly?What could cause this?
Help very much appreciated......

Carly Keith will egt together this week, sorry I havent mailed you - dead busy

BillJ, Stranraer - Belfast Early next Monday Morning (8am ish.)Are you going home for xmas?

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Paul

If there is no click from the starter relay and the lights in the car dont dim when you turn the switch to the start position then it could be the ignition switch.

I am quite sure that someone knows the best way to check them out/clean them.

Steve

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
Originally posted by paulmanchester:
[qb]BillJ, Stranraer - Belfast Early next Monday Morning (8am ish.)Are you going home for xmas?[/qb][/b]
I am indeed, and was planning on going sometime next weekend. Monday might be a good day. I'll let you know. You won't see the Aero, though, as I'm planning to take the CSE - quiet and comfortable, CD changer, etc. Won't take those tight motorway bends at 140mph, though

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I cant recall a click from relay when trying to start. Also the lights dont apper to dim. I will check next time it happens.
The voltage display used to go down to ~7V, thats why I thought battery. But no!
I will try the earth points too! How many are there?!Silly question I know!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.