Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple of weeks ago, I left my lights on all day at work and needless to say the battery was completely flat when I returned to the car. A colleague kindly helped out and I got the car started (eventually) using jump leads from their car. Drove home and the battery has been fine since (although starting to feel a little sluggish on start-up the last day or so). Anyway, since the jump start the electrical system appears not to be behaving in the same way as before. For example, the climate control system now always defaults to 'on' when I start the car, regardless of whether it was on or off when parked up the night before. Before the jump start it would stay off until switched on. Sometimes, the petrol fuel gauge will read, say three quarters full for a few minutes and then drift down to where it should be, whereas before it was always consistent with what was actually in the tank. I have also noticed that the car feels sluggish again (pre-APC solenoid replacement).

Anyone got any ideas?
Thanks
Martin

·
Registered
968 Posts
Originally posted by MartinC:
[qb]For example, the climate control system now always defaults to 'on' when I start the car, regardless of whether it was on or off when parked up the night before.  
[/qb][/b]
This is how mine is and I always thought that thay was the way it was supposed to be. Maybe it can be changed with Tech2 or something and the flat battery has reset it all back to default??

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
MartinC,
I would suspect your battery,unless you drove home for a longish journey.there is no way your battery is fulley charged,try trickle charging it overnight,if you still have problems have it checked properly,some batteries turn their toes up after a full discharge.

mike

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.