Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know...................

Wife has a 2002 9-5 Aero with electric seats. The seat surround to the right of the driver which has the adjustment buttons on keeps breaking. I have replaced it 3 times this year at £45 a time.

This makes me unhappy.

I have tried washers to try to spread the load of the screw head, but basically the plastic is too thin.

Is this a common problem, if so are there any bright ideas on how to stop it breaking, and yes we are very carefull getting in and out of the car.

Thanks

·
Registered
16,524 Posts
Mine broke. I left it. I still worked and the plastic flopped up and down with the seat. Did so for years. Looked OK.

I think it's caused by a combination of weak seat foam and me being, at the time, a bit heavy.

On my current car I have slackened the fixing screw a touch and the surround moves a bit but doesn't break.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Noticed mine was bust a about 6 weeks ago. This is on a Sept 2008 Aero Estate so it was replaced under warranty, they said it is a common fault.
Like sgould, it still worked fine and had it not been a warranty job I could have lived with it (and would have!)
FTF

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.