Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Having troubles fitting a new aerial mast to my Anniversary.
The original chord had snapped so the aerial was not going up or down.
So I purchased a new mast with chord, I have opened the motor and removed the broken off part of the chord, but no matter what I do I cannot get the new aerial to pull fully in.
When the motor is trying to wind down there is a distinctive clunking noise as though the internal wheel is snagging on the chord.
Is their a nack to doing this or could the internal workings of the motor be damaged due to previous breakage.
Help please
Mick

·
Registered
383 Posts
Hi Mikey,

I don't know if this will help though I've heard a few people mention that when replacing the mast the gear that meshes with the "chord" can also be damaged. You've probably looked at this already though if not you might want to check in case this is fowling.

When I had mine fail on my Aero Saab sought & replaced the mast for a little money under £50. I was happoy to pay this given the hassles I've heard from some. Lazy I know but sometimes, time just doesn't allow for getting mucky.

Hope you get it sorted soon if not already.

Cheers,
Mally

My apologies if this doesn't help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.