Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when i turn on music and arial goes up with usual click click noise which stops when it fully extended/well mine keeps klicking.any ideas on solving this problem. is it easy to get in to guts of arial,i guess it is not making contact to cut power is this right?

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Zep'

Mine did exactly that a couple of day's ago,I took it to bit's basically I loosened the nut in the centre of the big round piece (dont know the proper name for it),it houses the cord.
I found that the plastic cord which is like a ratchet had somehow came out of the plastic wheel inside (looks a bit like a small gear cog).I then took off the metal cover on the motor and physically turned it myself to get the cord back inside the wheel and ratchet that extends the aerial in in/out.
Put the cover back on well put everything back together basically and to my amazement it worked.It was quite fiddly but it now worked,I can only immagine you have the same problem,I know my explanation isn't to good but hope but I hope you get it to work,cheers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.