Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, new member here. I am having problems in which I'm hoping someone can help shed some light on. My car is a 2004 saab 9-3 tid vector sport, 120 bhp model. The car in question had been parked up for a few weeks over the Christmas period, with no running problems prior. After starting it up the saab had no power and kept trying to stall. Eventually it threw the engine light on. I bought a cheap code reader which said it was the egr.

After alot of reading and research I have taken it off, cleaned it but the problem was the same but the light went off. I have just bought a new egr, fitted it, but the car still has no power, but no codes or management light. When you press the throttle, it revs very slowly and really struggles to get over 4000-4500rpm like it's still stuck in limp mode. It's the same whether in neutral or in gear. I did disconnected the battery and charged it but still no joy. I am at a loss to what the issue is. My dad drove it and said it seems like the turbo isn't working and you can't hear it whistle. The car only has a genuine 95000 miles from new if that makes a difference. Only other issues it had is a leaky steering rack and a slightly rattly flywheel.

Appologies if this has been raised (I know it has), I have been doing alot of reading over the last week or so but can't find any information on what it could be, any help or info would be greatfully received.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, how is it replaced, is there any bleeding of the fuel system evolved, does it require any special tools?

Also as a update, spoke to the previous owner (a friend of mine) he said the only time this happened to him was because of a blocked DPF. He gave it to a friend and had to force a regen which cured it. I have since got it running better gave a blast down the motorway, however it now throws up code p2279 air intake leak. Have checked everything for leaks but can't find anything. When Eml is cleared, the car loses all power, can't even pull away without it dying no turbo or anything. But after keeping the revs at 3000rpm outside, after 5-10 mins the Eml pops back on, but the car is semi drivable again and the turbo returns to kick in. I don't know if its my scanner, (a very cheap one) confusing the ecu. Will have to see if it's drivable, then try and take it to a local garage for a proper diagnostic check.

If anyone else has any advice, it will be great fully appreciated.

Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts