Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my cc the edu displays volts,milage remaining, fuel average,and the temp, on the cs all above but no temp reading,does it only work below a set temp or is the unit faulty, when i got the cc the temp display showed ----, this was just a loose conection on the sensor but the cs does not even show this.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
My '87 9000 T has the same problem.. the manual says that the EDU should display the temp, but doesnt... my Co-driver computer only displays one temp as well, unlike what the manual says.. .i have no idea what the cause may be, or if they just decided to remove tha feature for some reason...

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
For some years on some models the temperature display was an option but could be retro-fitted. I had a 92 2.0i CS with no temperature display and it used to annoy the hell out of me.

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Microcat,

does the car have ACC, in which case it must have an outside temperature sensor? Look under the front bumper, just to the left of centre, and the sensor is a grey plastic thing that sits in a simple metal bracket, in the air flow just below the bumper.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Neil,

I can only speak from experience...
My MY90 9000 FPT Manual with DCC has the temp in the EDU (sometimes reads 0.1 different from the DCC, but thats OK given the technology) and:

My MY94 9000 CS LPT Auto has a SCC and also shows the temp in the EDU.

And both annoy me intensely because they are in 'F when in Miles mode. I want 'C !

·
Registered
18 Posts
Speccy!

I know it's your car and you probably have tried, but are you sure you can't get 'Miles and C' on your EDU? As our '95 and '97 cars have an 'imperial mode with C' as well as the 'imperial mode with F' - the 'C' mode comes after the 'F' one. Perhaps it is a change that appeared for '95, I know I was glad to find it...

The four modes that appear on my EDUs are 'km, l, C'; 'miles, US gal, F'; 'miles, imp gal, F'; 'miles, imp gal, C'. (Note there is no US gal and C mode!)

Now if only they had thought of allowing the SCC to have a '24h clock and miles' mode.

-Gareth-

·
Registered
92 Posts
Gareth,

I will check - I have to say that I havnt checked the 94 car, after my other 92 CS didnt show what I wanted, I gave up looking on the other cars, but now will have another look-see.

Thanks!

R

1 - 9 of 9 Posts