Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 92 saab 9000 2.3 turbo with an electronic display unit in the centre of the facia panel. Trouble is I cannot see it. When I shine a light on it I can see that it works. When I press the buttons under the clock it changes display. Is there a bulb behind this unit blown and is it hard to fix.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Hi dublinsaab,

Have you checked to see if the adjustment dial to the right of the steering columb is all the way up, this adjust's the back light for all of the facia panel.

If so check to see if moving this dial changes the other back light's and not the edu, that will tell you if it's the edu lights.

Allso, but im not sure on your year, the back lights on mine '96 cse auto adjust depending on ambient light.

Hope that helped.

Damo

·
Registered
243 Posts
The bulbs have gone, getting to the instruments is pretty easy (6 screws for the speaker covers and 8 bolts that hold the top of the facia on)as long as you have the correct 'star' bits and an 8mm socket - and there should be no need to remove the A post trim to get the top of the dash off. The screws on the speaker covers are obvious, the two star headed screws on each side under the cover are then obvious as well, then you need to undo the 8mm bolts on each side by the bottom of the windscreen, the star headed self tapper just above the tacho and the one at the top right of the open glove box (under the rubber gromet) and you're pretty mutch there as as far as getting to the instrument panel. Dead easy actualy as long as you have the right tools - no more than 30 mins?

As to the bulbs - I've enquired about this fairly recently so will bring the thread to the top. Hope this has been some help

·
Registered
227 Posts
Had my dash top of this evening (trying to locate a whistling from the passenger side windscreen vent area). One thing to watch for - The 8mm bolt in the driver's side speaker recess has a circular spacer below it. Get a hold of it when you loosen this bolt otherwise it could drop into the void!
I wasn't so careful.I ran out of daylight so will retreive it tomorrow

Stu

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.