Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
After looking around at the various ECU upgrades available I'm not sure what is suitable for my car. Elkparts and other on-line suppliers seem to only do ECUs for 1994 onwards, while the Maptun site says 1993 onwards. Is this a difference between how these suppliers do business (i.e. most are only interested inn the bulk of aeros made after 1994 while maptun caters for all), is it not possible to tweek the 1993 (with maptun meaning 1994 onwards), or do the other suppliers mean 1993 onwards?

Cheers
Kev

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Kev,

I have a 1993 aero that's been Maptun'd, and I think Speedparts would have done it too, but as the ECU is almost unique, it needs sending away to be rechipped (desoldered and new ones adding).

The 1994 and later ECU's are different and can be flash programmed and were generic base units for all 9000's.

Andrew

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Kevster, FWIW, I have just gone through the same investigations and Abbott will also do it but whereas the price on their website says £360, they actually want £460 because they said, they have to factor in that they might break it when they do it and it also needs to be re-inserted into the car with Tech2.

Maptun didn't say the same about Tech2 (or breaking it) but did want £50 more than their standard price.

David.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers Guys
I was hoping to go for the maptun one anyway, as there was then the option of lots of further maptun upgrades at later date. Are these other upgrades (each of which I understand will also need further software updates) going to be possible....or more expoensive if they are possible?
Kev

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.