Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm waiting the arrival of an upgraded ECU and have been running through the installation instructions. Even with my limited Swedish (Saab, Volvo, Abba) I can see that 1st step is to disconnect the battery. Problem of course is this resets the radio and it will ask me for the code, which I don't have

So is the battery disconnect a safety measure of the "it's always good practice" type or an essential "if you don't you'll fry yourself and your new ECU" type?

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the no.5 fuse powers the APC and does not provide the main power to the engine management module[/b]
Yes I've seen that as well which leads me to think either 1) for APC read ECU if Trionic has been fitted (on the basis there is still fuse No.5 but no separate APC to power) or 2) the ECU doesn't have a fuse (as I've yet to find mention of one). "2" would seem logical but then why no fuse and why have a fuse for an APC incorporated into the ECU

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well on a further trawl through the internet it turns out if you want to pull a fuse it's No.23. But when Quasi answered a similar question I found searching that US board, he said he wouldn't bother either disconnecting the battery or pulling a fuse. Anyone with anything to add?

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
Yes, I think someone told me it was fuse 23 (only on Trionic cars, I think). However, I didn't bother pulling the fuse or disconnecting the battery when I fitted my Maptun upgrade. Having said that, I hereby advise you to do it properly.
Now if anything goes badly wrong, I'm not liable.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts