Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Yesterday I printed out BillJ's adaption run recommendations, but left it at work Derrr
I only realised this after taking the ecu off

Anyway, after plugging the system back in after about 1 hour on looking at other bits, I decided to take the car out for a run.
I didn't even read adaption run procedure either at work so decided to initiate my own adaption run.

I took the car to an open road running the car a normal speeds. Once warmed up I put the car into 2nd gear and decided to accelerate to top revs in most of the gears. I did this a couple of times before slowing down and settling to norm speeds.

To cut a long story short, the car runs fantastically now, with boost hitting the red and holding almost instantaniously
, plus it is runnins so Smoooooth

It runs much quicker and smoother than before now.

I'm at work now and just looked at BillJ's adaption run and it seems that I've done it totally wrong

Do you think I should redo the adaption run, with the car now running so good, or not.

Any recommendations

Thanks in advance

Tony

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
Nope, there's no real "wrong" way as such to do an adaptation run. The procedure is designed to achieve adaptation as quickly as possible- taking the car out and driving it hard will have the same effect, although it may take longer than just a couple of acceleration runs.

Before I knew of the "official" adaptation run, I just used to take my car out for a spirited drive as you describe to restore the full
effect!

Anyway, you've acheived the right effect

1 - 4 of 4 Posts