Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What should I be expecting MPG wise from the 2 litre NA engine. Around town I get 11MPG according to the computer and at 100 mph I get 17MPG.

Also is it normal for the seat belt light on the roof to come on if the drivers and passenger belts are not engaged?

Chris

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
I have a 2 liter "s",that turns around 28 in town,I have never reached the ton with it but 11 sounds more than a little extreme.
Are you sure you have the computer set for Imperial gallons,rather than the smaller US gallon?
Yes the seat belt lights should be on untill you belt up.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The best I have so far managed is 22 MPG.

I am sure its good old imperial gallons as when I press the r button it drops down a few mpg's.

I have done around 100 miles and the car came with half a tank of fuel and I have stuck a tenners worth in and the fuel lights on again.

I wouldn't mind if the thing was a rocket and drank but its slow.

The seat belt things annoying I couldn't be bothered having the passenger side belt plugged in all the time so I have put the bulb wheres its needed more, in the glove box.

Chris

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Chris,

Seat belt light should only be on if driver hasnt belted-up (with no passenger) or driver and passenger havnt belted up if there is a passenger. There is a switch under the passenger seat that detects if there is a passenger sat on it. It a simple make/brake switch, just pull passenger seat and you should see it.

11mpg around town - either you drive like Scaero or there is something wrong. Blocked air filter, split vacuum hoses? What year is your car?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmm need to take the passenger seat out then. Had fun fixing the drivrs seat the other day.

Its come along nicely since last saturday and including petrol its cost me just over 35 quid.

Replaced dodgy vacuum hoses, cleaned ICAV cleaned TB, cleaned MAF, cleaned induction piping and blah blah blah I have to say it has posibly the most stupid air filter placement of any car I have worked on/owned and believe me I have had many a car.

The exhaust and induction system on the cars [expletive deleted] I know why its rated at 130 bhp.

I will get it sorted.

Oh yeah '88 auto (probably the problem!) 2 lite NA, slowest car I have owned. I have managed to top it out at 110, which is up from the 80 it wouldn't go over last saturday.

Chris

·
Registered
97 Posts
I guess the numbers are very low. On a 1991 2litre 's' manual engine I am averaging about 35.2 MPG (according to the computer) at the moment, but this doesn't include too much town driving. When the weather is warmer this number is usually up a bit. On a long motorway run this may head upto about 38MPG.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
check the display is showing IMP GALL as i changed mine while prodding around and it came as a shock when i noticed the readings american gall knock the readings for six. american only show gallnot imp gall.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.