Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning a Saab machanic told me a secret to make my 9000 cse's head light become brighter.

The secret is to pull out the whole head light unit and take off the glass cover from the light unit.

Then you can use glass cleaner to clean the inner side of the glass cover.(the glass cover is fitted
to the lifht unit with about 8 metal clamp which can be easily take off with screwdriver)

This is very usefull for the cars exceed 5~6 years.

You can observe the glass cover of your head light.
If you find lots of dust or stin in the inner side
then I will strongly suggest you to do this cleannig.

You can also find if the silver reflecter was rusted or not.
I think you can find some factory to repair the reflecter(I find this factory here in Taiwan)

Hope this information will be helpful to you.

Saab.Taiwan

·
Registered
174 Posts
A word of caution, though, about trying to clean the silver reflector -- DON'T use a cloth and water to wash it. The silver coating comes off very easliy.

I don't know of any other way to clean it, than to blow the dust off. Any suggestions?
Rod.

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
Luke warm water with a very mild detergent if gently poured over the reflector surface (9000) works quite well. The key thing in cleaning them is not to apply any sort of pressure that will lift the silver coating off. A gentle air breeze is OK, but don't put the nozzle from a compressor too close!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts