Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Saab is a 1996 900 SE with 22 psi boost and you can see my mods on my website. The Dynojet said my max wheel horse power was a little lower than I was expecting at 214.0 whp, this translates into about 242 crank hp. But the torque was 262.2 ft-lbs at 3100 rpm!

The guys at Pruven Performance were nice but had obviously never worked on a Saab before. They had trouble finding the ignition and an RPM signal. But I remembered from a previous post that the green/orange wire on the DI cassette can be tapped for a rpm signal.

I did three runs, two with water injection and one without and I had the air/fuel ratio measured with a wide band O2. The mixture starts off stoichiometric, about 14.5:1, and slopes down rich to 11:1 by redline. This seemed backwards to me but the tuners said that was normal for a turbocharged car. The water injection did not give me anymore horsepower but it clearly improved my air/fuel mixture. The runs I did with the water injection gave me a richer mixture quicker. The temperature was 32 F outside and a large fan blew in air from the open garage door so my Saab got lots of cool air.

I measured my intake temps and they maxed at 52 C (126 F) near redline. The sensor is before the water injection so I couldn’t measure the cooling effect.

From the graphs it is easy to see where the T25 turbo tapers off and that the next upgrade needs to be a larger turbo. I am also relieved to see that the current fuel system can easily meet the demand.

Unfortunately I can not post the printouts or pictures until I return to college next week. I wish more people could have come, I had a great time.

Eric

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Sounds like a good result Eric. 242hp is not to be sniffed at, it's more than I've got . It's good to see that the water injection does make a difference.

Neil

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.