Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Does anyone know where I can get my stage2 9000 dyno tested in the leicester area?
Should now be around 250-260 bhp but I'm keen to confirm this.
Ta

·
Registered
11,343 Posts
Alasdair - this saturday a bunch of are going to see Dave Walker at Emerald in Norfolk to go on his rolling road. more info.

Otherwise, someone else may be able to recommend something in Leicester area.

·
Registered
161 Posts
UHm

Sorry not Leics area, bit i did do the Power Engineering day via Saab Central at Uxbridge. Very good facilities. Cost of £30 based on 20-30 cars. Normal is £120 i think

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Originally posted by cherry1809:
[qb]HOW MUCH  
  I hope that was for a tuning 'day' Our local does a power run for £20 + vat. [/qb][/b]
For tuning work it's a whole different ball game because you are using the rolling road AND the services of a tuning engineer - Beek Auto Racing quotes 150 euro for the first hour and 70 for every hour after that. After some looking around, it occurs to me that this is about the norm. Frank says he can't put a figure on a 'rechipping' session but last time he did that for a customer it was about 700 euro, so I am taking that as a ballpark figure...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm really just looking to confirm the BHP and Torque; I don't think the budget will stretch to more tuning at the mo. - any other suggestions?

(PS sorry to miss the day in norfolk, been really busy with work)

·
Registered
11,343 Posts
alasdair - speaking with the guys there yesterday I think that the Saabscene at Emerald day is likely to become a semi regular event. The other place that I have experience of is Wilsher's Garage at Wimpole in Cambs.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I for one learnt a lot yesterday and would have it done again.

Nice to know what your engine is doing when the stereo is making your ears bleed

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks john

i've mailed wilshers for some details. will be interesting to compare if speedparts does what it says on the tin.

·
Registered
11,343 Posts
alasdair - I think that Leon and JohnM might be up for a return visit to Wilshers sometime soon - as am I. Wilshers charged us about £40, IIRC. Depends on how desperate you are to get along to them - but if you can wait until January - then maybe we can join you there.

If you can't wait - then go ahead and we will visit at a later date

·
Registered
11,343 Posts
Alasdair or JohnM - would one of you like to suggest a date and start of a list in the News & Events section? I think people are likely to be busy during december, so maybe in the new year?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the help guys, i'll have a go with the local one. Could still be up for something in the new year, depending on the damage Christmas and my wife does to my finances.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts