Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well the bike is starting to get there after a few weeks of mr cba on it ! engine parts have come everythings been done just need a couple more bits and engines reaady to go back together then i can build up the frame!

but anybody tried these ?

http://www.dynotab.com/octane-booster/dyno-tab-4gt-hp-octane-booster-6-tab-card/

i
m running high compression as i had the barrel and head sent away for machining worried about pinking so wanna run optimax and octane tabs lol

look at the description 1 tab does this 2 does this

4 TABS WELL IT TURNS THE FUEL TO LIQUID PIXY DUST HAHAHA A

But come on really, surely it will come to a point that the octane level is so high it wont make any difference

one its standard 2 stoke with carb no electronic timing management with knock sensors etc

2 ffs whats it gonna really do if you keep banging them in making the mix stronger ??

one or two maybe but 4 or more ? lol

·
Premium Member
7,086 Posts
as you say will come to the point it wont make any difference

consider the nitro route.......................but hold on:D

·
Premium Member
7,086 Posts
u imagine it lol........................don't forget if you get to the point of racing it after evey 3 max you need to change rings it can become expensive hobby trust me

·
Registered
214 Posts
Not sure about the bike engines but I tried a few things on my old 9k Aero but didn't notice any improvement, that was different octane boosters....spent a few quid here for nothing :(

What I did notice a difference with though was thinners:D I tired this stuff first with around 7% mix with Vpower-
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TETROSYL-5L-STANDARD-CELLULOSE-PAINT-THINNERS-CLEANER-/331025201170?pt=UK_Body_Shop_Supplies_Paint&hash=item4d12a3b812

Made a nice difference but then moved onto the harder stuff which had more toulene and a few other ingredients, knocked 1/2 second off my 60-100 from 4.3 to 3.8 secs.....good kit :thumbsup: 1/2 second doesn't sound a lot but for a 60-100 pull its pretty good.

No idea if its safe to use on bike engines but I had no issues on the 9k

·
Premium Member
3,778 Posts
wouldn't bother, get the barrel ported along with the piston by someone who understands 'old skool' 2t tuning. run it ojn a good quality 2t oil and plug. Why did you increase the compression? if this is an issue fit two head gaskets or on gasket and a decent gasket compound to get the thickness up. I wouldn't mess with c/r on a high performance 2 stroke but would have it ported. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts