Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to replace the Plastic Bosh recirculating DV with a nice new one from ElkParts.. The question is shall I get an Atmospheric one or another Recirculating one??

Just wondered what you guys thought and have done??

·
Registered
608 Posts
Hi,

Well, I started off with an abbott (forge) atmospheric dump valve, all worked just fine, however, I got an air induction noise in my JR filter/air intake tube in my front wing, which sounded like a wheel spun by a hamster, it wasnt the noise of the dump valve or the turbo blades stalling, just purely an air reverb in the tubing.

I then replaced this with the abbott (forge) recirc type and all was fine.

I have since changed my induction system completely, having a mesh air filter under the bonnet (with intake ducting under the front bumper). I have now reverted back to an atmos d/v (bailey twin piston) and I get the nice whoosh noise and no air reverb noise.

I dont experience any problems at idle either.

I know some claim a performance difference (2bhp) by fitting a higher spec valve, to be honest I have not noticed and increase in power, no a reduced spool up time.

However this could all be down to the fact that I carried out other upgrades at the same time

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
I went with the recirculating one myself. Noise difference over the standard one is slight but you do hear a small 'woosh' when changing gear - nothing obtrusive. In terms of performance there is no real difference.

BTW, the Abbott one is the same as the Elkparts one: both are made by Forge.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I went from the plastic one to Abbott (Forge) recirculating DV, and as SteveN says, there is a small whoosh on gear changes. It's barely noticeable, and it does sound slightly different to the plastic one.

I also found that the boost seems to come back a wee bit quicker when changing up the gears, but that may have been due to a tired plastic DV (& running Maptun Stg 3). Certainly don't really notice any power difference between the two.

One major difference is that it does look nice and shiny under the bonnet

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi sorry dont have a 9000 I have a 900GM and have just fitted the Forge 007 valve. I am very pleased with it power is now much crisper and rolls on and off in a much smoother and feels much more together. I agree there is prob no increase in BHP but I have noticed better and smoother acceleration with faster reaction from the turbo. I would recomend this valve. Next stop for me is ecu, just dont know which one to go for yet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts