Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone

When turning right flasher unit goes bonkers, loads of frantic clicking. No bulbs blown though. Left function works OK. So what do you reckon folks? If it is the flasher unit where the hell is it?

PS Can cure it if I don't turn right, takes a long time to get to work though!!!

Regards

green9000

·
Registered
600 Posts
The relays (or most of them) are behind the glove box. I would suspect that you have poor connection between relay and connectors. Like me you will need to get hold of a can of connector cleaner then go in search of the relay.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Relay, is behind glovebox (green in colour), glovebox comes out with 4 screws, and then 2 screws secure fuse board, remove and electrics un-hinge at back I would watch what you are doing as their is some serious voltage around here !!
Takes 30min max to get at relay, happy hunting.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
When turning right flasher unit goes bonkers, loads of frantic clicking. No bulbs blown though. Left function works OK. So what do you reckon folks? If it is the flasher unit where the hell is it?  [/b]
This one catches lots of people out. There are TWO bulbs in each rear indicator lens. If one of these bulbs blows the flasher unit operates at twice speed when turning in that direction. It looks like all the bulbs are OK because the lens still lights up.
Look again more closely and I'm sure you'll find that the right rear unit has only one bulb lighting up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.