Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought my car was a bit noisier than usual, and when I looked underneath and revved it, I could see fumes blasting out. So I waggled the tailpipe and realised the whole back section was just hanging!

The break is on the engine side of the flange which connects the rear section of the exhaust.

The question is, if I drive it a bit without this section, will it do any harm?

Sounds quite nice I must say....

I wondered whether this meant time to fit a JT system, or part of it, but its an all-or-nothing job I see so it will probably be a case of fit a standard bit for now until the bank balance permits a full upgrade!

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
You just need to be wary of fumes entering the car, which will do the car no harm but you and your passengers no good at all.

The JT exhaust system can be fitted from the cat back, and the downpipe and cat fitted later, if that's any help. There is an adapter to fit the flange at the cat, but I don't know whether it comes with the cat-back system or you have to order it separately.

The most beneficial part of the JT, performance-wise, is the downpipe. Next most beneficial is the sport cat. The rear part should make it sound quite nice, though.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Bill, that's actually very useful to know! I imagined from looking at your procedure that you had to do the whole lot...

If I have to replace the back box and the next section as well, then it would probably be sensible to fit the JT system.

Sound like I need the Speedparts JT60-H4, a whisker short of £200 from Elkparts! That probably actually compares pretty favourably to standard exhaust prices anyway...

Thanks for the tip, Bill...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.