Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time it's occurred, but the drivers window is stuck in the down position. (I left the windows and roof down last weekend before putting it away in the garage) and did not go back up with the other 3 windows when closing the roof earlier. All three other windows work on the drivers buttons, so I am assuming that a fuse is not to blame? Also, a little strangely, the drivers rear window goes up and down if I press firmer on the driver front window button???? So are there any common, easy potential issues that I can check out on a 9-3 2005 convertible (Aero) ?

After checking you tube guides, I had a go at removing the switches and checking the pcb which was all clean and had no broken tracks (to my un-trained eye), so I gave it a quick clean over with the contact cleaner and cleaned up all the dust and grime from around the switches. Plugged it all back in - didn't work!
My attention then turned to the motor and that being possibly faulty, so I removed that and tested it on a spare 12V battery I had and that works, so it's not a faulty motor.
Decided at this point to re-fit the motor and then 'jump' it with some wires to at least close the drivers window (which worked - so not a sticking window mechanism).
So, I'm now left wondering if the switch on the drivers door is faulty (but that wouldn't explain why the window doesn't open and close on the roof switch) or there is a break somewhere within the battery, switch and window motor, which I don't have the tools or knowledge to trace!
Any suggestions or ideas what to check next?
Also, just to add insult to injury, when all put back together, now the drivers door does not open/close using the central locking!!! The Button pulls up/pushes down manually, but not from the key or the door lock button (the passenger side does though. Could I have disconnected something and if so, where do I look?
Hopefully someone can alleviate my frustration.

HFB

·
Registered
4 Posts
It’ll be fuse on passenger side dash I had same problem . Change fuse to 15 amp instead of 10 I can’t remember which number it’s in . I thought I had a faulty door control module but it was fine

1 - 3 of 3 Posts