Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My door lock button has completely quit functioning. And now, sometimes the driver's window will not work, making the use of drive-up services risky. :crazy:
Fuse? Wear and tear?

I would appreciate any ideas from anybody. Thanks in advance!

I have a '06 9-3 Sedan, 5-speed manual

·
Registered
3 Posts
My 08, 93 Sport Wagon has the same problem. Window and door lock just stopped working on driver's side. Fuses checked and okay. Light still showing on window switch. Any advice about what/where else to look please?

·
Premium Member
2,926 Posts
The connector inside the door panel that connect the loom to the switches on the door it could have come loose or the connections got dirty

·
Registered
17 Posts
Check the fuse for the door module which is inside the end cap near side dash, I can't remember which one it is but your hand book will tell you. If the fuse is fine check the connection block in the door jam that connects the door electrics to the main loom, check the connectors inside the door card.
If this fails I would look for a good independent Saab dealer so they can check with the Tech 2 for faults.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thank you for that info. I will try to find those things and check them. I live in upstate NY so there is a very good chance of dirty connections this time of year.

·
Premium Member
2,926 Posts
It shouldn't really get dirty in there it's sealed all round even the window has a seal when it opens and closes its more oxidisation on the metal. If its not any of the connections it could be your motor in the door

·
Premium Member
3,778 Posts
Hi there,

does the electric mirror work? i would think it is the connector block inside the door, there are two in the front door, a black on and a brown one, if the window, lock and mirror all fail it is usually down to this.

Look on youtube there are videos on how to remove the door card - it is real easy - takes 2 minutes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts