Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

Small prob with car coming home from work, indicate right and they flash like "the clappers" indicate left and all is okay, checked all lamps and they are working, suspect relay ? have been told that the 1 relay is split in 2 to control both sides? any help apreciated

Thanks Haggag01

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Are you sure that you have not got a lamp out/blown? remember there are three each side, it olny needs one to be blown, if the relay had gone then one side would not work at all.
Andy

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
had a look at all the lamps and they are ok, glovebox out had look at relay internals, 2 relays / pcb / IC's, tried hazard warning and all lights flash at correct rate, mulder & scully ??

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
Mine did this on my clear indicators, found out that the contacts were not tight enough to the bulb. I prised the contacts closer out a little so as to give a better contact with the bulb, this sorted the problem.

If that doesn't fix it, it could be a broken wire somewhere. You'll need to disconnect the various segments and test them. If you do, have fun! ;o)

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
been out to the car in the garage started with rear cluster, mmm !! 2 lamps at the indicator position, opposite rear cluster again 2 lamps, stalk to turn left both lamps flash, stalk turn left only 1 flashes, [email protected] lamp, to prove swapped lamps on clusters and fault moved with them, sorry to the people that said check the lamps earlier i just didnt expect 2 lamps at the rear cluster, while I was at it cleaned the small acc fan sensor below the heated seat sw's, covered in [email protected], pain to get out, ended up taking out ashtray popping acc unit and getting in that way...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.