Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, - my 57 plate saloons drivers window doesn't work. I can hear a click when I depresss the switch and have checked the fuses - is it likely to be a motor issue - if so how to test/replace?

·
Super Moderator
3,072 Posts
Hello the only real way to find out would be to remove the door card ,and liningand check that power is available at the plug , ifso then it's the motor .
I'm sure there's a YouTube video on how to remove door card and replace window regulator .

·
Registered
29 Posts
When the wheel regulators crack the window tends to drop on one side. But not always, they can just jam.

If your switch is working okay, you should hear a click from the motor and that probably means you need to get inside the door, which is not hard actually. I've changed the wheels no problem

What I have found though is that because the driver's side gets most use, the switch contacts wear away. I swapped the driver switch with one of the rear door switches and all was good. So I cleaned up the contacts on the failed switch and now it works (most of the time) and I have the rear windows turned off to avoid anyone using them! Just in case.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi, - my 57 plate saloons drivers window doesn't work. I can hear a click when I depresss the switch and have checked the fuses - is it likely to be a motor issue - if so how to test/replace?
Hearing a noise means the fuse is good, and the motor is working. Your problem is most likely the regulator.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts