Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

Need some advice please, since I bought the car in October I noticed the drivers side switch first step for going down as long as you hold it wasn't working, only the second step for all the way. It was ok most of the time going up just not down. Anyway went to leave a car park last night and the window wouldn't go down at all, after much pressing on the button it eventually went, but I really had to press on and mess about so I think the button is faulty?

I have a couple of question, firstly is this an easy fix, if so if anyone has a guide I will be very grateful! And secondly is the four button electric window panel in the convertible the same as in the saloon? I would assume so but I rang a local saab parts place today and he said he didn't have any for a convertible???

I'm not afraid to have ago at fixing if it is possible and there is a guide to follow?

As always thanks in advance. Rob.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Had the Same problem on my van.

Has it got worse over time?

I took my control out and too it apart (I'm no mechanic) then cleaned the grease / grime off the contact using a cotton bud and some alcohol.

Worked a treat!

You'll have t take the door apart to access the control unit, see a vid in the elec window thread I added to.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi

Thank you for the reply, yes it does seem to have gotten worse over time, although the first click had never worked.

I'll have a look to see if I can find your thread.

Thanks for the advice, let's hope it a simple fix like that! As I believe if I do have to change it, it needs tech2 to marry to the car!

Rob

1 - 3 of 3 Posts