Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I've been quiet for a while away in the wilds of Wyoming and Utah, unfortunately with a Frod Explorer for transport. I don't think I'll be buying one of those in a hurry.

Anyway, the driver's door lock on my car ('94 9k Aero) is causing me grief every time I come to lock it with the key (I don't have remote locking). To unlock the key turns as normal , but to lock it I have to wiggle it around and pull it out about 4-5mm. It drives me mad, particularly standing in the rain!

Is this just likely to be wear and tear, or is it worth taking the lock barrel out to try and fix it? I'd be happy to simply swap the driver and pasenger door locks, assuming they're identical and not particular to either driver or passenger side.

As usual, all and any ideas appreciated.

cheers,

Ben.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
As you say it sounds like normal wear and tear. As far as I'm aware there is no difference between the driver's and passenger lock barrels. Swapping them over would certainly be the cheapest option and I doubt if a replacement barrel could be got with the same key number anyway. So you'd have 2 keys.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.