Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, Has anybody got pics of where the Auxiliary drivebelt tensioner spring tool fits to the engine (while in car)? although the Haynes man. gives you some idea, it's not that evadent, to me anyway, I need to remove the belt to be able to replace the waterpump.
Or how the hell do you remove the belt against that spring.
TIA.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I'll be doing the same job soon.

Your suppose to be able to use a 24" breaker bar from the top of engine. Check out quasimotors.com for more details.

I would post a proceeder with pics, but my sis lost my digi cam so I can't. Sorry.

Anyhow, quasi's site should be quite sufficient.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have had a tool made up from SS, the one that is in the Haynes man. I now 'THINK' I know how to do this and to be honest it's a bit of a work up just to ghange a water pump, the old idea of an ajustable bolt was far better.
All I realy wanted to know is ' Where does this tool fit to the block? '

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK sussed it, a doddle, make sure that you have the tool decribed in the Haynes manual on page 1-12 made, (dig. 22,25a & b, the dig 22.25c is not all that clear), the bolts DONOT fit into holes as discribed but slip over two gruves, one at the bottom and one at the top, in parallel with the tensioner, then it's just a matter of pulling hard on the belt and slipping the tool onto the two grooves, hay presto one loose drive belt within two seconds, no taking wheels off and removeing inerwing.
I'll take pics when I do the job, next Friday 22/10/2004 and post here.

·
Registered
16,524 Posts
The pictures need to be loaded onto a web site somewhere (your own, photobucket, fotango, etc. or somewhere allowing public access). Thn you use the "Image" button on the reply page to link to the picture URL.

·
Registered
16,524 Posts
The pictures need to be loaded onto a web site somewhere (your own, photobucket, fotango, etc. or somewhere allowing public access). Thn you use the "Image" button on the reply page to link to the picture URL.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.