Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wouldn't say it's a perfect writeup, but I think it'll lead you in the write direction when your 9000 door handles start to give you trouble, like needing to dislocate your thumb to get the FREAKING THING TO OPEN. My passenger door didn't work at all so I decided to make it work. I started out by getting a set of door handles (I thought something was broken) turned out I didn't need them at all.

http://hometown.aol.com/saablvr65/door.html

I hope it's helpful for those who are suffering from this dreaded Saab disease. Feel free to email me with comments to improve the writeup. [email protected]

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Excellent summary/pcs.

Just in time for my door pannel removal this Saturday, to try and fix central locking failure on passenger door lock (see seperate thread).

I note that the passenger door handle has a grotchy feeling (some friction!) which none of the other handles (with functional central locking) have. So maybe some corrosion has likewise set in.

Otherwise I'll be looking for a new actuator.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.