Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know the 9000 (manual) doesnt have a drain plug 'mmmm',but I remember reading somewhere about putting in a drain plug in the sump,
I had meant to print this,but have since lost the diagram,can anyone advise on how this is done.
I know it involved drilling to close tollerances,does anyone know anything?

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I guess no one knows!,yes I should have been clearer in my vocabulary (noo theres a big word,and I haven't been to the pub,hic!).I did mean to specify gearbox,my mistake!,but I did read somewhere that the 9000 (manual) could have drain plug fitted,and this is what I meant by close tollerances in drilling,but like I say I guess know one's knows.I'll just have to find the article,cause' like I read somewhere,"the gearbox is sealed for life" BOLLOCKS,Iv'e never heard of that with a gearbox.

·
Registered
865 Posts
stewart,you have got haynes book,forget it,it is useless/too many models/you cant drain g/box only top up ,t is hard to even check level..........i love saabs, but they have some strange ideas.i have 90 9000s with g/box dipstick my 97 saab was supposed to have same did not;;;; had to fill to oil overflowed/wecome to saab;;;;;;

1 - 5 of 5 Posts