Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 1.9 tdi cabriolet but have no real power, the engine management light is showing,I have put additive in the fuel, and feel the dpf filter may be blocked. Can you clear it by excessive revs as have been told, and if so, how do you go about it.?

·
Super Moderator
3,056 Posts
Hello have you run a scan on the car to see if codes are stored .also the saturation level in the DPF ? .
One thing to do would be to check oil level on the dip stick if higher than maximum then change oil and filter soon because that means any unburned diesel has passed back into the sump and raised the level.so effectively the lubrication properties of the oil are disappearing.
But you really need to get fault code read and take it from there or else it's a guessing game.

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello have you run a scan on the car to see if codes are stored .also the saturation level in the DPF ? .
One thing to do would be to check oil level on the dip stick if higher than maximum then change oil and filter soon because that means any unburned diesel has passed back into the sump and raised the level.so effectively the lubrication properties of the oil are disappearing.
But you really need to get fault code read and take it from there or else it's a guessing game.

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk
Hi, And thank you for that info, I have a cheapish fault code reader, and this has shown no faults,the oil is normal om the stick but not sure when the filter was changed as I had no info on the car when I bought it.
I will however get a professional coder reader to do the bizz’ , and go from there.
Again many thanks for your reply,. Mick.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Best cheap option for the TID engine is Opcom 1.45 assuming you have a laptop to use.
Hi, And thank you. I have had second thoughts on the code reader, and ordered what you suggested, an Opcom 1.45, never heard of it before, so any help you could give in using it would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
You can use it to get engine and CIM fault codes etc also can force a regen/code injectors etc
Much more functionality than any OBD2 device and about a quarter of the way to a Tech2...not all modules can talk.
but the important ones on the 1.9 TID are covered and should get you nearer to solving problems.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You can use it to get engine and CIM fault codes etc also can force a regen/code injectors etc
Much more functionality than any OBD2 device and about a quarter of the way to a Tech2...not all modules can talk.
but the important ones on the 1.9 TID are covered and should get you nearer to solving problems.

Thank you for that info.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts