Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, two questions, I've got a 2006 9-3 vert, 1. Does it have a dpf and 2. if so , Is there any benefit to having it removed?
Cheers.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Not quite, only if the MOT tester notices its not there. Gutting the original means that is unlikely.

However, if you drive the car in the right way then there is absolutely no need to worry about it. If you do get issues, its more likely you shouldn't have a diesel in the first place, but can be resolved by a weekly blast.

If you don't know if you have one, I guess you are not having issues, in which case there is no need to worry about it.

·
Super Moderator
2,949 Posts
image.jpg
I'm sure if you have a DPF then you should have the above at the bottom of your full V5
As 400ixl says if driven propley then you should have no worries .
I've got a 2013 transit van and have never had any issues ( but there again it's mainly motorway driving )
Also I have a 2006 mazda 6 diesel with a DPF , if you read up on Thease , they are a B****r with DPF issues , but again no worries it's used for weekend driving , but gets driven like a car should be .

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks lads. I checked the log book and there's nothing beside the particulate line. The reason I asked is, the engine is really sluggish in first and second, until it warms up, but seems fine after a few minutes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts