Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, having just brought a 9-3 aero TTiD I have been looking at getting it mapped to encompass electronically removing the DPF and EGR from the ECU.
I have heard from one company that I need to gut the DPF before mapping can be done, and the other that it doesn't need to be gutted!
Is it a case of best practise to gut it, which would increase the exhaust flow?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
7,086 Posts
gutting it would increase flow and the norm

best to knock out the innards rather than cut out if you choose to go this route.......so theres no signs of tampering

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info Kez, I thought that would be the case. I've been told people can remove it, knock it all out and then put it back to make it look like it's never been touched.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I got it mapped last weekend with the dpf gutted/knocked out and put back on.
So much better and pulls hard now like a TTiD should!
Little bit of smoke but that doesn't bother me really.

Getting it on the rollers weds night to see the new power output.
Tested on same rollers before map and it was 177bhp and 403nm.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi, Yeah I was about to say it will kick out "some" smoke now but at leased you never get stuck in limp mode:D

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've had a tuned diesel before with hybrid turbo and all the other supporting mods and that was very smokey!!
This is subtle but high gear and low revs and foot to the floor it will smoke a lot, which I have now made my mission to smoke out people who tail gate!
Was going to change over the air filter for a new Pipercross panel but the original was in very good nick so just left that in.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Ha, I love smoking out a tailgater, usually its a BMW that gets the special treatment. Also your get a nice return on the MPG, I was hitting 51.5 MPG on a recent trip to Wales and back.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I did a long run at motorway speeds and got up to 59.3mpg!
Back to normal heavy footed driving and normal commuting and it's a steady 51.3mpg.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Figures are in.
205bhp and 470nm.
It wasn't a full power map, asked for a bit of economy in there too!
Mpg is currently at 52.5 on the daily 40mile (20 each way) commute, with a few fast A roads in there ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts