Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have been looking to upgrade to either maptun or speedparts stage 3 from my abbott ecu upgrade

Both companies state that I should ditch my abbott downpipe for the JT downpipe !

I am lead to believe that the abbott downpipe is 2.5" and the JT is 3" is there any noticeable difference between the two before I go spending any more money !

Cheers

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe so, but the JT downpipe isnt full stainless is it ?

Plus I have spent nearly £1200 on the abbott system and I am less than happy at ditching the downpipe after only 2 months !

I am sure the speedparts upgrade with still work with my existing setup though ? just maybe a little less

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, their exhaust is expensive, if you include fitting, as I am not one for getting my hands too dirty !

I think Ill go for the maptun upgrade, but, keep my existing exhaust setup

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
The Abbott exhaust system is expensive and I chose to go for the JT. The JT is probably better for performance (and to my ear sounds much better - more subtle and a lot less intrusive), but I'm led to believe the Abbott system is still a big improvement on the standard system. Given a car already fitted with the Abbott system, I'd be tempted to keep that and spend the money on the ECU.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I dont find the abbott system too loud, certainly not "jap" car loud and it has a nice burble on the over run.

Im sure it must be able to handle the 270bhp of a maptun stage 3, as I know of abbott "aeros" with over 300bhp with the same downpipe.

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
Rarely, I'm going to disagree with BillJ here . I reckon there very little to choose noise wise between the Abbott and JT system as long as the cat is still fitted. The Abbott system only gets noisy when you bypass the cat with a straight pipe.

The JT downpipe does perform better than the Abbott (I swapped), but the difference isn't huge at Stage 3. It's also quite difficult to fit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts