Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

Doorlock Barrels and broken handle

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Trollbooster 
#1 ·
Hi, I have had a few occasions recently where the drivers door would not open from the outside, (it has been a bit stiff for along time), it has since stopped opening at all from the outside (inside is fine).

Having taken the door trim off etc i find that the lever section of the door handle that actually operates the levers in the lock mechanism has a small fracture. This possibly explains why the outer handle can't pull the internal levers quite far enough to undo the latch.
With me so far

I have bent part of the metal of the internal locking mechanism so that the outer handle can move it far enough to disengage the locks, and have used GT85 etc to make the catch move more freely.

As it looks as though I will have to buy a new outer handle, can the lock barrel be fitted to a new handle, or are the barrels part of the doorhandle?

Thanks
Skiddins

P.S. Does anyone know the Saab P/N for the front driver doorhandle?

See less See more
#2 ·
The arn that engages on the internal mechanism is pt no 4096053 and is listed seperately to the handle, so you might be able to obtain it from a dealer. It looks like it unscrews from the main handle.

You could always buy a second hand handle, there are enough of them about. The lock and the switch swap straight over. IIRC there are cosmetic differences between early and late handles.

I haven't seen them crack before but there is always a first!The handle is 4092482, but I think that gets you everything.....!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.