Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night a friend left what she believes was a 3/4 filled can of vimto in the passenger door pocket

on going back to the car after a few hours and about 5 minutes of driving we noticed the can was on its side virtually empty (i didnt know she put it there and she forgot she had aswell as she was in the back and someone else was in the front)

i was expecting to find the pocket swimming in drink, but there was very very little so whats likely to have happened?

a) she was mistaken and it was virtually empty to start with
b) theres some sort of drainage holes that the liquid has escaped (no sign of it anywhere near the door both internally or externally)
c) i know there is some sort of padding on the inside of the pocket could this have soaked it up (it felt a bit cold but not soaked as i would have expected)
d) something else?

·
Registered
587 Posts
Hi Si, as it was VIMTO - a chemical composition using elements not found naturally and synthesized for manafacture, the "nanites" now live in your door electrics and are slowly making their way to your ECU as you car will become a transforming autobot within the week, believe, this has happened to me twice, once while on a deep space mission, the other I'm not allowed to talk about.....

The door pocket is not a seamless part of the door card, there are drainholes on the door, but a liner between the door card and the door itself. I would have thought you'd see liquid on the door sill. TBH, I woudn't be too worried unless you develop an issue, the speaker is the lowest electrical item on the door.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
awwww you burst my bubble i thought i had made some new friends then always wanted some nanites as friends

im not that worried just curious if people should have said it was water tight etc (vauxhalls i have had in the past have been)

i guess ive been lucky it was the diet version so shouldnt have been that sticky or corrosive lmao

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.